I was just sitting on my porch, minding my own ice cream gathering, when Kayli shouts, "MOM, is that Jackie and Ben?!" What!? I believe it is. What a fun surprise and Hudson was just as shocked as the rest of us.
 |
| What a great surprised expression from Hudson. |
(Not photoed was a great visit and lunch with Jackie and Ben. And just for full transparency, they were mostly here to pay respects to a sweet sister, Ben's former mission presidents wife, who recently passed away.)
And then I was off to get my nails done and I love my new set! |
| I’m a big fan of stripes! |
And then it was time for the Alpine Car Show. Here are a few of my favorites. |
| That little Tiger Sunbeam, bottom right, is the same car I sat in last year at the A.F. car show. |
Then we had another adventure through the more obscure parts of American Fork Canyon. We made a loop around the back. We went from Mineral Basin to Cascade Springs. We had a great time and thanks to Gina, we had some great snacks for everyone's vehicles. And then it was Charlie's 13th birthday! She's officially a teenager. (At least digit-wise. She's been a teenager most her life.) |
| First round of gifts/clothes, that she picked out and wrapped herself. |
 |
| This is the second batch of clothes that she picked out but didn't wrap. |
And last, but not least, Greg and I attempted attending the Alpine Rodeo last night. It started out fine but before they could even finish the "Mutton-Busting" the rain, lightening and thunder rolled in with a vengeance. It was a little disappointing but at least we didn't pay for our tickets. And just to be clear, the rodeo did carry on about an hour later, when the weather cleared, but we made the executive decision to call it a night and just went home. Here's the few photos we got before we left.  |
| Charlie didn’t come to the rodeo with us so I just had to get a selfie with the clown myself. Hopefully she gets one with him tonight. |
Greg snapped this photo before he went to buy himself a burger.
 |
| What a backdrop! |
 |
| Taking shelter from the downpour. |
So there we have it. We still have a busy weekend ahead and I'm sure I'll have a photo or two to share next week. Not only is it Alpine Days but we're also having a more official birthday celebration for Charlie on Sunday and we're just 5 days away from the first day of school, so stay tuned for all those moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment