Friday, April 1, 2016

Easter 2016

      We had a very simple Easter weekend. The older kids played the part of the Easter bunny, which I love, I'm not much for big festivities.
All seven on the top photo before the hunt and the five who hunted are on the bottom with their basketful of eggs.


    Greg had a very productive weekend and finished siding the front eave in one day.
It's hard to see a major difference but once it's painted it should be better.
    
          A few weeks ago I bought the cutest dress for Charlie and was so happy to bring it out for Easter Sunday.
She tries to obey my 'modeling-pose' instructions.
    Unfortunately I let her continue wearing the dress after church and she and Isaac were riding around the backyard on Isaac's little motorcycle and crashed and she tore the lace. I was so sad and made poor Isaac feel like a complete jerk, which I apologized profusely for and Kayli did a little sewing and repaired the dress the best she could. It's not perfect but I'll still let her wear it because it's not that noticeable. (Note to self, make her take off my favorite dresses and outfits before she goes out to play.)
     So that's our Easter weekend events. The rest of the week has been relatively simple. Next week I'll be able to share our fun spring break activities. Two of the kids, Kayli and Isaac, are living it up in Disneyworld with their Kmetzsch grandparents so we're low in numbers but not going to let that stop us from having our own fun.

2 comments:

easy n instant said...

Nice blog

Jackie said...

Yes, nice blog Shirley! =) That is a super cute dress on Charlie!