Friday, March 10, 2017

New

     Here's how the shower was looking at the beginning of the week. Greg had a portion of the hardy board installed and the floor is in but not grouted yet.

      Repairs/adult problems must come in threes!? First the fuel pump goes out in the car, then the garage door breaks and then the washing machine died! I knew the washer was on it's last leg but I really hoped I had a few more months of use, but no such luck, I had to bust out a few more hundred from our tax refund, in addition to the money I had stashed away so we could purchase this 'bad boy' Saturday evening. Thankfully we didn't have to wait to have it delivered but we were able to drive out to the RC Wiley Warehouse and pick it up. It would be a nightmare if I even went two/three days without a washer so I was grateful to have our old one replaced in one day. So far this machine is doing great and it's even a little larger then my old one so that's very helpful.
Who knew how entertaining watching clothes being cleaned could be.
    Our princess got to wear her new 'spring' dress this past Sunday and she was happy to model for us. She absolutely loves 'church' day! I wish all my boys were as excited as Charlie is to get ready for church every Sunday.

      Thursday Mark was finally eligible to reinstate his drivers license. Here's hoping he makes the most of his second chance/fresh start.

    And as of tonight this is the progress on the shower. The floor is grouted, all the hardy board is installed and the next step is sealing the floor, caulking the seams and painting on a waterproof solution before Greg moves on to tiling. The progress is slow but at least there's progress!

      The weather sure has been nice this week and it only seems to be getting nicer. Spring and summer can't get here fast enough. McClane tells me this is the longest 'holiday'! He means winter but he's got winter and Christmas confused. He also told me today that he really likes summer because you can ride your bike and play outside and do more stuff. I couldn't agree with him more!!

No comments: