Saturday, September 17, 2016

Home ownership!?

      Sometimes these two just crash early in the evening. This was around 7:30 P.M.
Two sleeping princesses. (One is a bit selfish with the blanket.)
Dog sitting these two shih tzus. They have been fun!
     Remember when we had our original refrigerator die on us and bought a used one only to find out our old one wasn't really broken but just needed to be thawed out? And then remember when our new/used fridge died so we stuffed all 12 gallons of milk I'd just bought in our original fridge that is now residing in the garage and Greg spent hours trying to fix the new/used fridge to no avail? And then remember when we went shopping for a completely new fridge and decided to also purchase a new oven to complete the stainless steel look in the kitchen? And remember when Greg ordered a $12 part on Amazon as a last ditch effort to fix the new/used fridge but I still insisted on buying brand new appliances and that part worked and now the new/used fridge is working so we now have 3 working refrigerators and are down about $2600 bucks? Remember when home ownership kind of BITES!! But I do love my new appliances and am really excited about the double oven!

Apparently these appliances make Carter feel rich. (He's weird! Because I just feel POOR!!)
This photo just appeared on my phone and was "too cool" not to share. I love these M&M's!
      This weekend was my third annual "mom and son" camp out and the last one for Isaac but hopefully not my last one. It's such a fun time and despite the lousy nights sleep it's one of my favorite camp outs ever!
He had fun despite the weird pose he's got going on in the photo. There were 12 tents and over all about 20 moms and boys that at least came up for dinner.
     Despite my exhaustions I couldn't pass up a motorcycle ride with Greg this afternoon.
Gorgeous fall colors!
So much FUN!!
     And Greg even found a minute to get the base of the hearth covered up and now it's just a matter of finding a great piece of steel or aluminum to top it off.
I'm loving this feature more and more every day!
      Now I just need to work on my primary sharing time to finish up my Saturday. I'm so glad I remembered it was my week before my prep time was gone. And stay tune next week for photos of Mark and his homecoming date. (He'll probably post them on Instagram before next weekend in case you can't wait until next week.) And Mark finally got a hair cut!!! Yippee!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow! Three refrigerators!! I don't know if you should hang on to the third one though. Lol. The fireplace looks awesome! I wouldn't put the clock up. It would look cool if you put a word up or something. Like (Family, Kmetzsch, Home, Love, etc...) Maybe put the clock on the side wall next to it? I would have to see it, but it is a cool clock, so you need to find a spot for that. I sure miss seeing the beautiful scenery in Alpine. Glad you are having so much fun on the bike.

Unknown Soldier said...

There is a special awesome place in heaven for you. May it be so.

If I am a robot it will be news to me.