Friday, September 30, 2016

New and Older!

     My front room is finally coming together the way I've been dreaming of. I found a great deal on the couch, coffee table and rug and decided it was time. I LOVE it!

This is one way we tried placing the furniture but it's a bit too cramped with the piano behind the couch.
This is how we decided to put it instead.
     And to finish up our week we had the privilege of celebrating McClane's 6th birthday.
He's a happy boy!
A new bike! Yay!
Barefoot, sucker, 7 A.M. That's how he rolls on his birthday.

I told him to look lovingly at his cake, NAILED IT!
Hot dog dinner, cake, ice cream and card and cash from G&G Baker. A perfect way to end his big day. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

      And here's this years fall decorations minus cornstalks that should be added shortly.
Sadly this year I had to buy the majority of my pumpkins. The three on the ground are the only ones that came from Greg's garden.
      Then Greg decided he needed to go for a motorcycle ride now that he's got his official motorcycle endorsement, so we ditched the kids for several hours and took a ride up Big Cottonwood Canyon over to Guardsman Pass and into Kamas. There are no words for how amazing this ride and scenery was. I'm still wondering how I've lived here in Utah for 21 years and never been up this canyon, no other canyon I've been to beats this one, absolutely SPECTACULAR!! (I didn't even mind the rainstorm we drove through on our way back down.)
This is a few shots I got as we were driving. They don't do it justice but it's something to help me remember my new favorite canyon.
This was heading down.
And we grabbed a selfie at the top of Guardsman's Pass. Our neighbor was a great guide and lunch date.

He passed his driving test with only one small mistake. He's an official biker!
     I'm so glad it's conference weekend. It's always good to get a little break from our routines and get a good refresher on what matters most.

2 comments:

Elaine Baker said...

Wow, your living room is lovely. Almost as pretty as the view in the Cottonwood Canyon, Guardsman's Pass and Kamas. Congratulations, Greg. I hope you'll always be careful when you take those 'bike' rides. Happy Birthday McClane. You're a cutie.

Jackie said...

I am in love with your front room!! I like it better with the couch in front of the piano, but I can see what you are saying when it comes to feeling a bit cramped. It looks great the other way too though. The accent pieces work perfect on the fireplace. Very exciting! Congrats to Greg too! That canyon is gorgeous.
Happy Birthday to McClane! He is so handsome.
Enjoy conference. =)