Friday, September 9, 2016

Labor Day weekend

    It starts like this....an out dated rock fireplace and an impulse purchase of a fun electric fireplace insert.

     Let the fun begin!!
Framing over the rock was far easier then a total demo.
    All framed in & the old garden fence begins to transform this old fireplace into an amazing wall feature!!
I love watching it transform!
    90% finished! The hearth still needs to be covered and we have a couple ideas but it may be a 'minute' before it can be done but it should be spectacular when it's all DONE!!

     The top half is stunning if you go for this kind of look!!

     Greg did get a treat for himself.
New white wall tires, the only way to go according to Greg.
     Charlie got pretty comfortable on her stroller ride this morning.

      We also had a fun lunch date at Burger King with the two littles.
I had to take two photos in an attempt to get a regular smile out of McClane and then Charlie did the opposite, real smile in the first and fake in the second.
      It's been a pretty fun and productive week. Now on to the last 10% of my fireplace project, fingers crossed and we might also try squeezing in a longer motorcycle ride this weekend. Apparently riding on brand new tires takes a little getting used to from what Greg's been telling me. I'm happy to help break them in!

3 comments:

Auntie Rie-Riem said...

Already looks great! Can't wait to see the finished, finished product!!!

Elaine Baker said...

Shirley, is it brick that Greg put up around the fireplace? I can't tell. Anyway, I really like the white-wall tires. Very stylish. Kiss those 'fake-smile' faces for me, ok?

Jackie said...

Very nice!! I like it a lot. Are you going to put the clock back up?