Friday, September 23, 2016

Boys!

     Here's Mark before heading out to his first homecoming dance.
I can't tell you how happy I am about his hair cut!
And here he is with his date and the rest of his group. (I find it funny that Mark's the tallest boy with the shortest girl.)
     And some Sunday afternoons we make 'kid' sandwiches with blow up beds in the front yard.

   And just to avoid an all boy post I have to share this little girl getting her second hair cut. She was nervous but she was a good girl and several inches of hair are gone making her hair a little less tangly. 
Don't ask me why I forgot to take an after photo.
     Then this happened. Mark's buddy Marcus bought himself a 1978 Honda Goldwing and the shocker is he had his parents permission and it actually came with a title and even better, it's in good working order! Maybe Mark will learn something from this.

     And with homecoming only two days done Mark was officially asked not once, but twice to the Sadie's dance coming up in a month. This is the note from the second girl and the one he was most thrilled about. I'm not going to lie, he didn't follow proper etiquette and say yes to the first invitation and only he can carry the guilt for that but he assures me it was a good decision for all involved.
Mark's response wasn't exactly what I would have suggested but he took a note with the word "No" on the front and there was a stuffed lion by the note and when the girl finally opened it it said, "I'd be 'lion' if I said that." I guess that works but the poor girl was literally debating on who else to ask for like two minutes before her mom suggested she look closer at the whole note. (And I'm sure she had a few choice words for Mark running through her head.)

And Greg got the metal for the fireplace hearth cut and installed and it is now 100% done and 100% pure awesomeness! I absolutely love it!!
And in case you forgot what it looked like before here's a reminder.
     So there you have it. Now I get to enjoy/survive our primary program. I'll be so glad to have it done! I shouldn't complain though because I really haven't had to do much. I'm glad a couple members of the presidency like to be in charge.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Aaaawwww...Great update. It looks like Mark had a fun time and that his date was a lot of fun. Your fireplace looks pretty much AMAZING! Wow! I totally agree with you. Awesome!!

Elaine Baker said...

Love the fireplace, love Mark, love Charlie, Love the kid sandwiches. That reminds me, "what's for dinner?" Thanks for all the wonderful posts of the Kmetzsch family.