Saturday, March 26, 2011

Another week of fun at the Kmetzsch's!

      So we've had another week of mostly fun.  Monday was a funeral in Brigham City for my Great Uncle Clark Hillam.  It was a wonderful funeral and the weather accommodated the burial and the long ride to the cemetery in the horse drawn carriage.  I was hoping to spend a little more time with my mom but she's always busy no matter where she is but it was still good to see her even if only briefly.
      Tuesday was our big date to the Bon Jovi concert.  Greg and I went with our great neighbors, Andy and Jodi and had an awesome time.  I can't tell you how comical it was watching some of the other fans at the concert.  We were about a mile from the stage but it was still a great show and worth the money spent.  And a big thank you to my sister-in-law, Kristin, for watching the kids for us.
      The rest of the week thankfully, wasn't quite as busy.  I did get my family photos back that we had taken a few weeks ago and have since been able to buy a frame for the big 20 X 24 composite and it's now proudly hanging on the wall in my front room.  Now I just need to get all the kids individual photos rehung in a better manner now that we have six instead of five and the system I had on my stairwell won't work anymore so maybe the wall in the kitchen will be the new home for the kids' 8 X 10's.
Isaac had his second officially karate belt test/evaluation and is moving on and upward to a green belt with a new red GI which should be cool.  This also means big bucks spent on gear for his applications class but I think it'll be worth it.  His confidence is definitely improving and you can't really put a price on that.
      The rest of the kids have also had a good week.  Mark is currently at baseball camp and will soon be starting another season of baseball.  He's with the same coach he had last year so that will be fun and this year the league supplies the whole team with their entire uniform so I won't have to go spend another fifty bucks for pants, shoes, etc. thank goodness.
     I think this will conclude my weekly update.  I could give you some more details, like the poopy messes I've had to deal with or the sick and mucusy kids I've had but those things are better left over looked.
 
                                                       

Me, Brock, My mom, Jackie, Jovi and my mom's friend Ellen

the funeral
  
Jodi and Me at the concert
Our view at the Bon Jovi Concert
                 
Random Brock Cuteness!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

It looks like you got your blog header figured out. Looks good. Your family photos look great as far as I can tell. I can't wait to see them up in your house. The colors seemed to go really well together.

Julie Lloyd said...

sound like a busy week for a busy family! keep up the good work Shirley!

Remodelaholic said...

Bon Jovi sounds like a fun concert! I haven't been to a concert since before I was married... in fact I think I was 16 wow! that is forever ago!

manning's said...

Love the picture of you and Jodi, Also are those two guys or two girls behind you??lol