Saturday, April 9, 2011

Kid History, You Rock!!

     Ok, I'm going to start from the end of my week and work my way backwards.  This was a huge highlight of my week. Above is Brett and John Roberts, two of the "stars" from the You Tube videos "Kid History" episodes 1, 2, 3 and 4.  They just happened to be hanging out at the "Home Show" in Orem at the same time Greg and I were there. I looked up and saw them and shouted out, "Kid History our family loves your videos."  I wish I could have been more clever and maybe said, "Your name is silly Brett, silly Brett."  but I don't think that fast on my feet.  (You'll have to watch episode four to know why "Silly Brett" is so funny.) I couldn't tell if they were embarrassed but I insisted on taking a photo with them as proof to the kids who also love these videos.  I'm not kidding, we watch them several times a week and quote the lines on a regular basis.  I love, love, love these videos!!  Did I mention I love the Kid History videos.  Anyway, these are my two new best friends!     So that was my Friday night.  The night before that we sent Kayli on her way to be with her grandparents who have taken her to Florida for Spring Break vacation.  She's a lucky girl who I hope will find some gratitude in her heart for this unique and rare opportunity.  I'm sure she'll be happy to post about her trip when she gets back so stay tuned for that.  Anyway, this is a photo of her minutes before she left.

This was Mark headed in for a goodbye hug.  Neither was excited about it.
   As Kayli was leaving I decided to buzz all the boys hair which has gotten long enough to need combing each morning which none of us like so they were all happy to have hair cuts and this is the end result of the hair cuts.  (And the end of me having to comb their hair each morning.  Yes I know, I shouldn't be combing their hair but it's too much trouble trying to get them to do it.)


I think they look much handsomer with short hair even if Brock isn't happy in this photo.


   On Wednesday my newest niece was born, Kari Ann Larson.  She looks cute from the pictures I've seen and I look forward to seeing her in real life some day.  

This photo is courtesy of my sister Ann.  This is her 6th and last baby.
    Over the weekend we watched General Conference and Isaac had a soccer game.  Conference was amazing and Isaac's team won their game.  It was the first game of the Spring season.





Kayli and McClane watching conference



   

Self photo of myself watching conference.




McClane having his first solid foods.  I'm not sure he was groovin on the oatmeal so I caved and bought regular baby food and so far he loves sweet potatoes and peas.  He's also trying to move and can really roll and scoot around but mostly just rocks back and forth on hands and knees for now.

 
He's so cute and still the best baby ever!!
He even liked our little lunch to Burger King Thursday.  I had some free coupons I needed to use at the new Burger King near our home so after picking Carter up from Kindergarten the five of us went to lunch.  I didn't realize their steak burger was spicy but it was still not a bad deal for a free burger.




Anyway, I think that's the highlights of our week.  Maybe next weekend we'll have some before and after photos of some of the house repairs we're hoping to do over our spring break week where Greg will be home with us and willing to do some jobs we've been putting off for awhile.









2 comments:

Jeff and Marie said...

FAAAACCCCTTTTTTT. Episode 4 is the best. Lottie and I are soo excited to come visit!

Remodelaholic said...

OH my gosh, Justin and i have never seen those videos we have only watched one, it is 11:10 and we are going to watch another! We were crying!! And I laugh snorted, literally.

YOu guys had a fun week!