Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Big Reveal!

We're finally done with the basement.  I even have a few things hung on the wall.  Obviously there's still some things I'd like to do down here but this is it for now and I'm quite satisified with how it turned out and Greg did an awesome job and was very patient with me and all my demands. 

Before, view from the bottom of the stairs

before, view from the bedroom/hallway area

The fireplace before paint and antiqueing
Now for the AFTERS!!!

View from the desk area

A cool painting I picked up for a deal.

View from the bedroom area.

My fireplace all painted and grout stained grey instead of that hideous pink color.

And my desk area with a new lamp I picked up to house my dogs.

     Like I said, there's still details I'd like to change or fix but this is going to be so much better for now and everything else can be done gradually, like new light fixtures, painting the ceiling and finding more decorative stuff to dress windows and mantels up.  And of course there's still the new carpet and furniture I'd love some day but again, those are going to have to stay dreams for now.  But thanks to my fabulous husband who did the majority of this work and who's been a trooper throughout the last three weeks.  You ROCK Greg!!

2 comments:

Annie B Larson said...

That looks really good. I love that color. Good Job Greg. I love the fireplace. Wow. What color carpet do you want to put in there?

Annie B Larson said...

\That lamp is totally awesome. I think I want one too.