Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Love you Sunshine!

      I can't tell you enough how much I love this sunny weather and it's been another fabulous week of sunshine and warmth.  There was a little wind over the weekend but the yard has been cleaned up and the leaves and branches are gone.
     This past week has been pretty low key.  The kids had school until Wednesday and then a nice four day weekend.  It's Utah's idea of a fall break which allows the teachers some extra education and the kids less education.  Love it!!
      My bi-weekly shopping got done this week as well as the birthday shopping for Isaac who will be celebrating his 9th birthday this coming Friday.  And Greg and I got to eat out twice together which is always a favorite pass time for me.
      I did take a few photos this week, mostly of just random things.  I'll explain as we go along.  Over all it's been a nice week and I won't share the melt down I had on Tuesday night over spilled kool-aid.  Just know that my fridge and floor did get clean and at some point McClane may or may not have had ranch dressing running down his arm after it was flung furiously from the fridge.  Just be aware you do not want to mess with me in my worst O.C.D. moments.
While on the treadmill this guy fell asleep.  You would have thought he was the one exercising himself to complete exhaustion.

Seriously, my kids fall asleep in some strange positions.
I saw a house the other day while out driving and their front yard decor was super cute so I stole a portion of their idea and thankfully I have a patient and helpful husband.  I didn't have to spend a dime because we already had the straw bales and the pumpkins and squash were all grown by Greg.  I love it!
And this is a classic case of "it's not what you know but who you know".  This guy Greg affiliates with at work offered to let him take is 1963 stingray corvette for a spin.  It was a sweet ride but not really built for a guy as tall as Greg but he still loved driving it around for a minute.  (Greg kept his work shirt on just to be sure everyone could see us coming.)
      Ok, so that's it for the week.  I'm hoping for another full week of sunshine again and I just may get my wish.

3 comments:

Annie B Larson said...

Love the idea of the straw bales in the yard. since I don't have grass I should do the same. I've been having melt downs all week so don't even fret. My throat actually hurts right now from all the screaming.

Grandpa Baker said...

Would you like me to reduce Guy's medication for a few days and then send him to visit you? You'd be looking forward to spilt kool-aid. Anyway, that's a cute front yard, cool car and 'breathtaking' baby boy on the chair.

Grandpa Baker said...

And that last comment was me (Grandma) NOT grandpa. (Don't know how to eliminate his name and put mine on.)