Friday, March 21, 2014

Cute, family photos, deck progress and PE mishaps

      Charlie is just cute and I can prove it.....
"Muffin, I want a muffin!"
"I. can. al - most reeeaaach."
"That's right, I'm a big girl and can sit up and play with my big girl toys."
Snuggles.
And this photo, well it's just pure perfection!
After church we attempted photos in the backyard.  This isn't too bad considering we only had a tripod, a borrowed camera and Kayli's photo expertise to work with.
       We did take individual photos too but I won't bore you with those, well maybe just one or two.  Guess who's photo's I'm going to share?!
What a doll!!

Once he gave up the gaming device and had a snack McClane finally let us get a cute photo of him.
       Ok, ok, I'll show you the rest of the individual photos.
I love this kid's big smile, he's almost always smiling!

Carter is becoming quite a handsome devil.

Isaac, whole and happy.  I'm glad we captured a photo before he became 'broken'.

Mark is becoming a little too manly for my liking ;-)

And this girl was the least cooperative.  You may notice her hair and clothes are not the same as the group photo and that's because she deleted the photos we took of her Sunday afternoon and only after I threatened to print a silly selfie of her did she finally agree to take another photo.
     Now on to other activities from our week.
       Greg's been working hard on 'our' deck project. He's got all the posts in and is beginning to put in the beams.
Don't let this photo fool you, I only scooped out about 10 shovelfuls before giving the shovel back to Greg.  
Thank goodness Greg is such a hard worker and is willing to do stuff like this because if it was left to me to shovel all 11 holes this deck project wouldn't get done until...  well it just wouldn't get done!


This is where the project is as of tonight.
He's getting excited now that he's past the digging and mess of concrete.
      And poor Isaac had a little mishap in PE today and ended up with a broken left arm.  The initial pain was definitely unpleasant but I think he's enjoying all the attention.
This is Isaac being cheered up by Charlie while waiting at the InstaCare.
That little bump on the top left bone is the buckle fracture he got as a result of a "chubby" kid falling on him while playing a football game during PE.
And these are the kind nurses applying his splint that he'll have to wear until Wednesday when he'll be getting his official cast.  He was a trooper and wasn't too sad when treats started being dropped off this afternoon from more than one neighbor and then his Aunt Kristin stopped by and took him to get a frozen yogurt so it hasn't been all bad.
   
     I did have a moment this morning when I started thinking like my mom.  I got the initial call from the school that Isaac had hurt his arm while I was out on a walk with my girlfriend and all I could think about was all the laundry I still had to do, the beds that were unmade waiting for clean sheets to be applied and lets not forget the fact that I really needed to shower.  I was teasing Isaac before we left to the InstaCare that maybe he could just wait a bit while I took care of all those things, kind of like the time my mom let me lie sick on the couch for three days before she finally gave in and took me to the doctor only to find out I had a severe case of pneumonia and had to be hospitalized for a week.  (She thought I was faking, which wasn't unlike me I'll admit.)  I love ya mom but that's a story I'll share often because that's so typical of you're ways.  Oh the joys of motherhood!  Well that's our week, a bit more photos and adventure then our last few posts.  Maybe by next week we'll have an actual deck to photograph!

2 comments:

Elaine Baker said...

I was going to leave a comment, but I have to vacuum the floor and sweep and mop the kitchen...Actually, I don't do those things too much anymore. Iwas going to make a comment, but I'm going to watch The Tonight Show instead. Thanks for all the posts. If I lived there, I would take Isaac out for ice-cream. So sorry he's going to be uncomfortable for a while.

Jackie said...

Thanks for all the photos. I look forward to your weekly posts. Now, I need to catch up on mine. I sure have some cute nieces and nephews that are all growing up too fast. Can't wait to see them one day!