Friday, August 7, 2015

Our summer is winding down

      This week has been nice and not too busy. We said farewell to cousin Josh Budden mid-week. It was fun having him here for awhile but I know he's probably thrilled to finally be home and sleeping in his own bed after a month away.
       I did attempt taking the kids, all SEVEN, to the water park Thursday evening but for the second time this summer we pulled in only to find out it was closing early for a private party. Thankfully the Provo Rec. Center is close by and a great backup plan. I found this photo on my phone after our swim.
Charlie loves being at the pool.
     While driving home after my morning workout/walk earlier this week I found myself following Jesus, literally.

     Sunday I crashed Greg's Sunday school class and was pleasantly surprised to find out they were discussing keeping journals. I seriously had no idea but I actually felt like it was meant to be. And after all the talk on keeping records for posterities sake I decided it was a great opportunity to take a photo of the whole class for Greg's record keeping. There were 16 of his 19 kids there so a pretty accurate photo record.
These kids will be moving on to the 9th grade class in just a few weeks so this was good timing.
And then there was some cute sleeps.
Charlie threw herself a fit that ended in total exhaustion.
This puppy loves sleeping with people.
The stuffed puppy is a close second to human sleep partners.
And his favorite spot is by the pillows on my bed. He's so stinkin' cute!
     We're all still in puppy heaven and Smalls is definitely getting comfortable around all of us. You really can't put a price on the joy this puppy has brought the whole family!
     Now on to the Alpine parade and fireworks tomorrow and celebrating Charlie's 2nd birthday in just a few days.

No comments: