Friday, February 10, 2017

Fun and NO FUN!

     This week started out fun with the Superbowl and all the yummy food and visitors.

Crazy game!
   The week was going ok until Tuesday! Tuesday was one of the worst days ever! I had the most awful meeting at the middle school where I lost my cool with a teacher regarding Isaac. I was told by a counselor the next day that this particular teacher had never felt so attacked and offended by any parent in all her 25 years of teaching. It was a NIGHTMARE!! But the good news is, I was right, Isaac does not have any kind of learning disability. 
     Then after that debacle I got my new iPhone 7 and then spent the rest of the day trying to get it set up. I spent over four hours on the phone with Apple and it still wasn't working but finally I had a revelation on a password I needed and couldn't remember and I finally got everything restored and where I needed it to be back in full function mode. I love the new phone but I don't always love technology.
     Then Wednesday Charlie and I got to hang out in the waiting room at the dentist office while Brock had FIVE cavities filled. Charlie wanted to test out the camera on the new phone while we were waiting.
This was the best she could do after several tries.
     Thursday was a big day for Mark. He had his first, and hopefully his last, court hearing in regards to his 'hit and run' at the high school parking lot a few weeks ago. This was a bit daunting for Greg and me but Mark seemed to think it was pretty cool and he didn't even blink when the judge ordered him to pay a $500 fine. I was a bit surprised at the large amount, especially since our insurance covered the property damaged but it was a class C misdemeanor so the fine could have been as large as $1900 so I guess I should be grateful it wasn't more. He initially told the judge he would need to make lots of payments but I told him as we were leaving we needed to just pay it all that day so his case could be closed so we used nearly half his savings to pay the fine but I'd rather he was paying himself back instead of the court. We also had to meet with a DMV official the same day about the excessive amount of points on Mark's driving record and due to that excess of points he's been denied his license for a month and he'll have to pay $30 dollars to reinstate his license once the 30 days is up and then he'll also have to go to traffic school after the 30 days and if he does that he'll be back to a zero balance of points, which will be great and then we'll just hope and pray he doesn't get any more tickets or traffic violations. The kid is brain dead!
This was Carter's attempt at capturing the pretty sunset we had Thursday night. I'm glad he can appreciate a pretty sunset even if he can't photograph it quite right.
And this dog is obsessed with looking out the front window and nothing or no one will deny him that privilege.
     I'm so glad it's Friday and this week of craziness is over!

1 comment:

Elaine Baker said...

MARK!! Take this seriously and shape up or I'm NEVER going to buy you a brand new Ferrari. I probably won't anyway, but if you don't stop 'messing' up, I (FOR SURE)will never buy you one. ISAAC! I never thought you were mentally challenged. Now, 'buckle down' and 'show' that teacher she was WRONG!