Friday, February 24, 2017

Spring tease

     I don't know what the weathers like where you are but here in good old Alpine we've had some warmer days and it was so NICE!! Of course the warm days are just a tease of what will come and winter reared her ugly head just days after these photos were taken and we're back to having snow all over the lawn but it was fun while it lasted. Spring can't get here fast enough!!

Now this is an activity I can get behind. This is way better than playing xBox all day.
These two couldn't be happier being outside enjoying the warm/spring like weather.
     So our basement bathroom has been a sore spot for me for quite awhile. We did a quick update on it when we first moved into our house 11 years ago but it's never really been updated properly so the time has come. We've bought the majority of the materials and Monday Greg ripped out the shower and thankfully there was no mold. The only issue was the drain hadn't been properly installed so there was some water build up under everything that wasn't so pleasant and a horrible smell permeated the basement for a few hours but I'm glad that was the only real problem and the drain was going to be replaced anyway so no further expense is required. We're going to probably do things in steps, starting with the shower. Hopefully we'll never have the toilet out of commission for more than a few hours but for now all 9 of us are using one shower but so far no major fights have broken out.
This is just the beginning of the tear out.
  Brock had his last basketball game of the season this past week. He's had fun learning and playing with his team and I'm sure he'll want to sign up again next year.  
Brock, over all, had a fun basketball season. This was his last game of the season.
      Mark's truck is parked in the driveway a lot lately and someone must have felt the need to say hi in a fun way. He's actually been frustrated because we've had to borrow his truck quite a bit this past week. Tuesday my fuel pump went out on our Yukon so we were without a vehicle for a couple days while Greg did the repairs needed. Then today my garage door wouldn't open (The spring on the garage door has busted so that's going to be a fun fix.) and I had to borrow it again.  I guess the universe heard my tax refund is here and so now is the best time for things to really fall apart around here. I am glad the funds are available and I'm really glad the car died just a few yards from home so I wasn't stranded far from home and had to deal with the hassle of having it towed home. I was actually able to get it back home without having to push it but it did die three different times so that was a small miracle. And I'm really glad I have a handy husband who can fix so many things, but there's nothing fun about car troubles.

Mark was more annoyed than flattered by these cute notes, weird kid!
     Hopefully my next post will have some photos of the new shower coming together!

1 comment:

Elaine Baker said...

I'm sorry you're having problems with your vehicle. Jared and Kristen just learned that the van she drives has a 'blown' engine, so they're going to have to buy something different. No fun. Can't wait to try out the basement bathroom next time we come to visit. I'm glad you have a 'handy' husband as well.