Friday, February 16, 2018

Valentine’s Day and other stuff

     So have I mentioned how AMAZING our primary chorister is?! He's truly a remarkable man and the kids are so lucky to have him in primary. Not a lot of men could pull this look off with such confidence and style.


    This Valentine's I decided to add to my hair repertoire! Thank goodness for YouTube hair tutorials!
A little lopsided heart on purpose.
    And for dinner we kept it easy but festive. Thank goodness for local pizza places that make my life a little easier. And Greg went out of his way to get me my favorite appetizer from Chili's for my dinner, white queso spinach dip, which I devoured before I could get a photo.

     And after weeks of begging I finally took Brock to see the eye doctor and, low and behold, he did need glasses. He actually has great vision but the muscle in his left eye that helps him focus from up close to far away is only working at 38% so instead of recommending extensive vision therapy that could be quite intense and expensive he suggested eyeglasses for the easier and simpler fix. Brock was initially excited but when the reality of wearing them in public set in he decided he didn't really need them after all. Lucky for Brock he has a patient and loving dad who took the glasses to school after he left them behind and after a few good friends told Brock he looked good in glasses he decided he might try wearing them after all. Personally I don't think he needs them because he seems to do better without them but we'll give it a little time and see what happens.

     And this girl had fun practicing her makeup application skills. She's nearly a pro!

    And just because I thought he looked so cute with his paw on the bear.
Smalls!
    Greg and I did see one movie this week, "15.17 to Paris", which was pretty good but definitely lacking in acting skills but that's to be expected when you hire the real life heroes to star in their own story/movie. There's not a lot of new movies out that we want to see but I'm still up for another viewing of "The Greatest Showman" but I might have to go solo. I also hope to take the kids to see the Peter Rabbit movie in the near future, maybe on a $5 Tuesday.
      On a side note, Mark has had some car problems recently and actually had a small engine fire on his way home from Spanish Fork yesterday! As a mom I'd like him to buy a newer car that is more reliable and practical but Mark is a 17 year old young man and has completely other ideas so for now he's borrowing a friends car and has his hopes set on purchasing a 1988 Mazda that is currently not running. If anyone knows how to talk sense into a 17 year old, stubborn, 'brain dead' teenager, please feel free to take a crack at it!

1 comment:

Elaine Baker said...

Tell Brock I love the glasses. Cute Valentine hair...don't see how you can actually braid your own hair, but you're talented. "MARK, listen to your parents." (Sorry, that's the best I can do with a 17 year old.)