Friday, May 25, 2018

YES!

       We finally had a minute to really celebrate with Mark for his 18th birthday. Lunch at Texas Roadhouse did not disappoint! It's just too bad that Mark's stomach is the size of walnut because he had to bring most of his food home in a doggie bag, unlike Greg and me, who finished all our food and just came home with a food coma! Ha ha
Rolls, fried pickles and steak, oh my!
     Greg finally got started on the railing! I'm so excited about this! I think this is the one project I've been most excited about. Now he just has to figure out how to install the rebar between the posts. He's got a few ideas now it's just a matter of him figuring out which will work best.



      Kayli and Tanner moved into a bigger apartment last weekend so we decided to visit Sunday evening and we brought our own chairs just in case. Ha ha.
Their place is pretty nice!
    Behind Kayli's new apartment complex are a few metal containers and I just love this one. This would make a cool shop or accent wall or whatever else!

    There were a couple school programs I 'got' to attend this week. Brock had pioneer day and I got to go watch him do a little square dancing.
I'm pretty sure Brock's clothes are the most authentic pioneer clothes out of all the 4th graders at the school. 
Brock busts out some pretty sweet pioneer dance moves at the very end of this first video. (I'm pretty sure he was channeling one of his ancestors, they did the 'floss' back then, right?!)
Brock has a classic look when he's a little shy/embarrassed and I captured it perfectly in this second video.

     There was also a 'school cruise' and some fun dancing and music shared amongst the whole school.
Brock was actually dressed correctly for this school program.
     I may be bias but this kid, McClane, is my favorite! He's so stinkin' cute and was totally into his dance and following the instructions so carefully. He's also still so happy when we're there to watch him. I'm going to miss this stage!

    And our princess wrapped up her first year of school/preschool today! I can't believe I'm finally done with preschool for forever!!  The preschool ends the year with a fun Circus Day, hence Charlie's teacher dressed up like a clown. Fun, Fun!
Bye, Bye Preschool!!
    And I can't forget the progress made on the kitchen island. The metals attached and the wood framing, now Greg just has to put the wood pattern I've requested in the middle to finish it off! I'm loving this almost as much as the railing!
Seriously, Greg is AMAZING! (Even if he gets a little/lot ornery in the middle of some of these projects.)
     So that's how our week went. I can't believe our school year is nearly at an end. Three more days for the younger boys and maybe one or two for the older three. I'm just looking forward to having a break from making lunches every morning! Welcome summer, I've missed you!!
      And last but certainly not least, only 17 days, 4 hours and 30 minutes until the Atkinson's hit the States!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Love love the update!! Your front room and kitchen is pretty freaking amazing! It looks awesome! I can't wait to see it in person, but not as much as I can't wait to see all of you in person!! Holy crap! 17 days!! Tell Mark I will eat his portion next time. Lol. How can you not finish a Texas Roadhouse meal!? Silly Mark.
Cute dancing and Charlie needs to stop growing up so darn fast! Cute kids.