Saturday, December 22, 2018

A few fun things

     We've had lots of fun this week. I can't believe we're only 3 sleeps away from Christmas. I also can't believe we finally have a fully functioning vehicle and I REALLY can't believe the price tag that had attached to it. ($1500) Thankfully there's an extra paycheck in the month of January so hopefully we'll be out of the 'hole' in just a short few weeks.
These were my cute little helpers out shopping last weekend. Brock is the Santa, Charlie's the grinch and McClane's the Rudolph.
      Sunday I was officially released from the primary presidency and our great former president insisted on a photo with the primary and the incoming new presidency. It's a little bitter sweet but for now I'm going to enjoy no calling for as long as it lasts!
Our primary is the best!
     We had a great time decorating candy houses Sunday with a good portion of our Kmetzsch family.  This year we came with our houses already built, which was genius! (That's going to have to be the new tradition for our family candy house mayhem.)
There was yummy soups to begin the fun.

Even the big kids got in on the fun.

Charlie was so happy to decorate her house with the garage.

This kid likes chaos and yes, this house was destroyed the same night.

Carter went with the garage theme as well and his house is the only one still standing today.

We had to make sure the photo had the gingerbread man front and center.

And while the majority of us watched a Claymation Christmas these diehard-candy-house-builders stuck it out in the kitchen.
     Have I ever mentioned what a total pain the dog can be when he's ringing the bell to go outside every five minutes and I'm the only one who seems to hear his demands?! Well my frustration is about to be lessened and maybe even eliminated with the installation of this doggie door. It's going to take a few weeks to get him totally trained and to realize he has absolute independence but this was a long awaited installation.
It is a little colder by my chair but it's worth it!
     And last night we agreed to endure the utter mayhem at Temple square so the kids could enjoy a train ride, a very crowded train ride, and the pretty lights. Was it worth it?! Maybe, but I'm guessing we helped make a memory and that's priceless.


Thankfully I had my good friend, Sabrina and her whole clan, to endure the crazy with us.
    And it's not really Christmas until we stop and see the dancing house lights just two miles from our house. This homeowner doesn't mess around and he's even got his neighbor's house lit up. I tried to upload a video to youtube but apparently it wasn't good enough quality. Just believe me when I say it's AMAZING!
He plays the best music too.
    This week I also made a few batches of toffee. I've wrapped the last few things that needed wrapping and all my shopping is done. I'm pretty confident we're 100% ready for Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone (all 3 of you) and Happy New Year!

No comments: