Friday, December 14, 2018

Santa PLEASE!

     Oh what a fun ward Christmas party/breakfast we had last Saturday. The food was yummy, the entertainment was priceless and Santa even paid the kids a visit.
I love a good chalk itinerary.

Charlie was so excited to sit on Santa's lap.

McClane was a little reluctant to see Santa because he was feeling guilty for snooping around the house and finding his Christmas present.

Brock was feeling a little too old to sit on Santa's lap.

The cute primary kids sang "Let it Snow" and "Silent Night".
     I got another surprise t-shirt in the mail. (Thanks again Mom!)
This is a great way to find 'my people' when I'm out in public.
     Our good friends joined us at this great place, The Crepery, which is so yummy. They have sweet and savory crepes. (I'm making them take pictures because I feel we neglect photo documenting when we're out with friends.)
Chubby little Jaden is an added bonus to our double dates.

He was a good sport while we did a little window shopping.

    For family night we put together a puzzle while I read the latest story from Grandma Baker. (Yes, I cried while I read the end of the story.)

    I convinced my friend to let me watch her two littles while she did a little Christmas shopping this week. They were so cute.
Jonah and chubbers, Jaden.
     And did I mention my friend is a dog 'whisper'!? This cute dog was commiserating through sincere eye contact about her dismay over the two new puppies her owners recently acquired. It was the cutest thing. She seriously was just staring at Sabrina so soulfully and as soon as Sabrina said something like, "They got puppies!" The dog got so excited and started putting her paw up on her lap and smiling and licking her. She was so happy to have someone finally understand how difficult her life has become.
I think she was hoping there was room in the car so we could take her away from the madness of two puppies.
     So that's the fun from our week. Unfortunately our car situation has not improved. The car has been at the mechanics all week and the mechanic was truly at a loss so we picked it up tonight and will look into the best Nissan dealership to take it to next. I sure am glad we have Mark's vehicles to borrow in the meantime but I sure want my car back and functioning properly. It was also very generous of the mechanic not to charge us a dime for all the time he spent researching the car problem. (He's a high school buddy of Greg's so that helped.) Anyway, lets hope we have this car problem figured out soon and that it doesn't put us on the verge of bankruptcy.
       On a happier note, I'm 98% done with my Christmas shopping! Next fun activity, candy houses with some of the cousins! Let the Christmas countdown continue.

No comments: