Friday, February 8, 2019

Snow!

     Another big snowstorm, to add to our much needed water supply, fell this week. It was a crazy storm, we got 12 inches and we decided to keep the kids home from school because the road conditions were less then ideal. All the other school districts took a snow day and for a few reasons, that I don't necessarily agree with, our school district decided to keep school in session. Anyway, the kids didn't mind staying home and it was nice to have some boys around to shovel throughout the day.
Isaac shoveling the deck so Smalls had a place to 'go' outside.
    And I mentioned last week that McClane is headed down his own orthodontia road and that began this week. This was not what I had planned for our tax returns but it is what it is and we'll make do and we're not going to let it hinder our travel plans. March 18 is when he'll begin the official steps to getting an expander, braces and what not and of course that's just phase 1, he'll be in braces 2 different times just like his three older brothers. Apparently his cross bite is bad and the narrowness of his jaw is so severe less then 1% of the worlds population has a jaw as narrow as McClane's. The orthodontist kept calling him an over-achiever. The whole thing is clearly going to be torture for both of us but we'll do what we have to, to avoid surgery in the future and to help him have the best smile we can provide that nature is sure to foul up.

At least he's a good sport about it all. 
     And lucky me, I got to be Roiann's first hand model as she trains to become a nail tech. She did an incredible job and I look forward to her taking care of my nails in the future and getting even fancier with the polish.
I think next time I'll get a little darker color but I'm loving the gel nail so far.
     It's been a good week and I'm glad we survived another 'good' snow storm. Greg's the best! And only 39 more days until SPRING!

No comments: