Friday, February 1, 2019

Braces be GONE! (But not really.)

     Carter is finally braces FREE! He was so happy to get those 'metal tracks' off his teeth for good. It's been a long road but he's finally done with orthodontia!

    After years of being told to avoid certain foods the orthodontist office gave him a goodie bag full of all the 'forbidden' treats. (I took the Snickers bar, that's the least he could sacrifice for the money spent on his 'perfect' teeth.)

    And just when I thought we were in the clear with orthodontia the dentist recommended I take McClane in for an examination for his over-bite. Apparently the bottom pointy teeth are coming over the top teeth, which isn't right, so most likely McClane is going to need braces. SERIOUSLY! I really thought I was going to only have 3 out of the 7 need braces but no such luck! His appointment is next Thursday but I'm holding out hope they won't want to start any treatments for another year or so. Why, braces, why!!??

     So that's the week's highlights. It's been a fairly quiet week and we're just gearing up for the big game Sunday. It's definitely not about the game for us but we're excited about all the food we're going to have! The slush is in the freezer, the jello cheesecake is setting up as I type this and so much more to prepare Sunday afternoon. I love 'Super Bowl' food!

No comments: