Saturday, April 1, 2023

Happy Birthday to Grandma Rosellen!

    I had such a fun time in Oregon! It was so great to be with so many of my extended family members who had such a big impact on my life and it was great to reminisce and remember fun stories of my Grandma who would have been 100 on the 27th of March. I'm glad we were able to make the trip despite the crazy weather! There was lots of great food and fun activities.
  
These kids and their selfies!

Charlie and Mackenzie are always taking silly photos together.


Saw this gem as we pulled into Burns, Oregon for lunch and fuel.

And this bad boy is my cousin Eric's.



A little quilting demonstration by my aunt Sally. My grandma was an expert quilter.


    Sadly I didn't get any photos of my mom teaching everyone how to make my Grandma's bread recipe.

Fun puzzle of my grandparents and I got to use the O.G. metal cup!
My cousin Sabrina has the fun purple hair.


The kids enjoyed the giant Chess set outside the barn. My grandma loved playing chess.


This horse loved all the love from the kids.


Charlie enjoyed petting the horses even though it was cold, muddy and snowy outside.


A little gardening demonstration by my aunt Gayla. My grandma was an avid gardner.


    And I also made sure to get photos with some of the more 'major' players from my growing up years.
Uncle Mark! The legend!

This is my Aunt Elizabeth and her kids, grandkids and great grand kids. My cousins, Eric and Sabrina were basically like my older brother and sister growing up. It was great to see all of them!

Three of my favorite cousins, Jason, Stephen (and his wife Melissa) and Eric. I loved catching up with them over the weekend.



And my dad gave us an update on his latest motorcycles. This one has a pretty amazing paint job. He only has 7 bikes, so you know, nothing too crazy about that!


And the amazing neighbors taking care of our driveway as we drove home to the 'never-ending' winter wonderland that is Alpine!


And Isaac finished fixing his car and now she's back home, registered, insured and ready for Spring/Summer weather!

    So many fun memories and now we're so excited for General Conference weekend and Spring Break for the kids! Now if only we could be guaranteed some warm weather but that might be too much to ask for.


No comments: