Saturday, June 9, 2012

Our first full week of summer.

     It's been a full week and I have a few photos of our activities but not for everything.  While at Seven Peaks water park yesterday I was too worried about just keeping track of the kids that I had to forgo taking photos but maybe next time.  Just know that Brock is a fish and spent 70% of his time under water and the other kids loved it too.
     I did however get a photo or two of our other activities, starting with our little friend get together earlier this week.  Several of Greg's buddies that he grew up with came over for dinner and to visit and it was a blast.  It was especially great that Greg's buddy Jake supplied the food which was fantastic.  The weather was a little uncooperative but we just set the tables and chairs up in the garage and it worked out just fine.  The kids could still play outside at least so we had plenty of time to sit and visit with everyone.  I regret not taking photos of all the buddies but we did take a photo of all the kids which I will share.  I know photos were taken of the buddies so hopefully someone will be kind and email those to me in the future.  Of course not everyone came that was invited but that's to be expected.  We had a total of 12 adults, counting Greg and myself and then 20 kids including ours.  If everyone had come who was invited we would have had 5 more adults and 12 more kids.  So here's all the kids that were here.
Now this is a lot of kids.  I definitely don't think I'll have this many kids.
      Isaac and Mark had tournament games this week and Isaac's team did really well.  They played a total of four games in the tournament winning three of those four and came in 3rd place out of 24 teams which isn't bad at all.  Mark's team however did not fair as well.  They played their first game and lost therefore finishing their season at I believe 8th place and I'm not sure out of how many teams, I think only 12.  Mark was a little bummed but those are the breaks.
Here's a photo of Isaac's team gathered after their final game.  It's not the best but it's documentation if nothing else.
Isaac's way in the back just over #8's left shoulder.
     While at Isaac's games this is what McClane was doing for part of the time.

He couldn't resist this little puppy and before I realized it, he'd grabbed the dogs leash and was going for a little walk.  Just about the cutest thing ever and almost had me convinced he needed his own little puppy, but don't worry, Greg didn't agree so that's not happening.
   And then to top off the end of baseball season we went to the park near our house that just got new play ground equipment and let the kids check it all out.  Kayli refused to try anything though, she's not at all happy with the change in her childhood park.


   So that's our week in a nutshell.  Lets hope next week isn't quite so busy, for my sake anyway.




No comments: