Friday, October 18, 2013

2 months, tree cutting and ear piercing

     We have a huge box Eldertree right behind our fence....or at least we did.
This is before
And after.  I guess it's going to stay like this and the dream is to put a treehouse there.
       You may be wondering why we'd cut down such a big, 'nice' tree but the bugs that come from this tree are nasty, and EVERYWHERE!!!!  Of course now that the tree is mostly gone these bugs are still everywhere but hopefully by next summer they'll be mostly gone.

        Charlie hit her two month mark.
And she's not happy about it.
"No, don't look at me, I'm OLD!
Just kidding, I'm just ADORABLE!!
She weighs 11 lbs. 15 oz. and is 23 1/2 inches.
    And I finally took little Charlie to get her ears pierced.  Not everyone may agree with me on this decision but I've always loved a baby girl with earrings and I've waited 16 years to get another shot at it. If Kayli told me I should wait then I would have but Kayli was on board so now it's done and I think she looks darling and now hopefully there will be no confusion on her gender.
Green studs for her birthstone.
   And now more photos just because:-)

This was the lift Greg rented to do the tree cutting.  It was worth the money just for the fun of "giving rides" to all the kids.
He had no fear!
And here's Brock holding his favorite baby sister.
She went from fussy to calm and sleepy with just a cuddle and soft singing from her big sister.
And there's nothing like a nap with dad.
This just cracked me up.  I drive all the way to the mall only to have these two fall asleep on the way.  Thankfully they both woke up happy and were actually quite good during the whole ear piercing adventure.
And thanks to my sis-in-law I have a photo of these two from their morning sweeping date leaving me with only Charlie to take to my visiting teaching appointments.  I love that Greg works so close to home!!
     And I'm so happy that my sister, Jackie finally had her baby, Kirra Lee Atkinson.  And as far as I'm concerned she's named after me, (Lee as in ShirLee:-))  And she's a true Aussie at that!  Here's to waiting forever to meet her in person:-(  (Move back Jackie!)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shirley,

I was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours and started reading. Came to the post when you said, "... I finally took little Charlie to get her ears pierced. Not everyone may agree with me on this decision but I've always loved a baby girl with earrings." I do too! That was almost my exact words after ten years and two boys! She is adorable with those cute little green studs in her ears.

Everyone thought I was crazy, but when I asked our ped, she encouraged me to do when mommy could care for them and gave me some suggestions for moms having their daughter's ears pierced. I was convinced, but daddy said to wait till she asked for them.

Fast forward about two weeks when I started noticing little babies including two in church nursery and another little girl in our playgroup with little pearl earrings like mine. I confess I've always loved my pearl earrings. One night, I had a dream seeing my little baby girl with pearls in her ears. She was six weeks old. I finally realized how cute and feminine our little baby would look with cute earring and yielded to pressure from my inner self and took her the next day to have them pierced. She did great and didn't cry.

I followed our ped's tips to find the right person, place to do and both girls did great. Yes, I'm sure you guessed what style of earrings Sandi initially got their ears pierced with...yes, pearls :) I'm a sucker for pearls.

I'd say you were a smart mommy for doing it early and following your mommy intuition.

Promise your daughter will look cute too with little earrings in her upcoming holiday pictures. Any moms needing some tips, write me an e-mail.

amyswor1765@gmail.com