Friday, August 8, 2014

Giddy girl!

      So this week has been fun and we've definitely had some major rain storms, which we have needed. But the highlight of my week had to be clothes shopping for Charlie. After having Kayli and then five boys I really wanted to buy the cute girly clothes again and this time I wanted to buy things that I really loved! Thanks to a friend's recommendation I found the store with the clothes I love the most & at a reasonable price, mostly. And thanks to a lot of overtime from Greg I was able to go on a much needed shopping spree for Charlie's upcoming first birthday. We made it a girls day out and Kayli definitely thought I had lost my mind when we finally got to the store (Naartjie's) I was anticipating. I was literally giddy with excitement and I definitely went overboard but I couldn't stop myself. I think I would've bought every outfit in there if I could have. Needless to say she will have more than enough clothes to wear this fall and is going to look as cute as I had hoped :-)
Ruffles, lace and just GIRLY!
     We also had tent city and despite the very rainy night most everyone still slept over but it just became a sleepover instead of a tent city in the backyard. The food was still delicious and for the most part everyone seemed to have a fun time and the rain did let up making it possible for several people to enjoy some time around the fire.
Yes, Melissa was even here for this gathering.
Waiting for dessert.
We even had Kristin grace us with her presence.  (She's been busy all week helping with the 'Tour of Utah'.)
      And here are a few more photos from the week.
This has become a typical view for me.  Greg takes me with him to check the wells and I get a little break from the kids.
I don't know if you can tell but Charlie LOVES her brother Isaac!
Now that McClane is potty trained he likes to help 'water' the grass.  This afternoon he even did a little 'fertilizing' in the neighbors backyard. (I sure love boys!)
A blurry Charlie.
She's getting quite skilled at climbing up on things.
     This week Alpine has been having their annual Alpine Days festivities and tomorrow morning we plan on attending the parade and fireworks.  They've moved most of the festivities to the new park about a mile from our house and it's been weird not to see it in the heart of town and it's kept us feeling less involved but I'm sure after the parade we'll feel like we're back in the swing of things.  We only have one more week left of our summer vacation and I'm hoping to make the most of it.

No comments: