Saturday, December 6, 2014

Birthday and Christmas festivities


      I'm so glad 40 is just a number and birthdays are really just another typical day. That's not to say we didn't do some celebrating but nothing over the top.

My new chair and balloons..
 
Carter makes some great faces.

Chocolate and ......

Jello cheesecake, what could be better for  my 40th day of birth?!
My new chair may be a little stiff right now but it's got a recline that's perfect for this....

This is a rare treat!
Then we did some fun Christmas stuff to start things out for this month of December.
They love hunting for a live tree.

Perfect fit!
Then we went to the Festival of Trees. (One of my favorites.) There weren't any 'over-the-top' trees but there's always some fun ones. 

I'm totally down for this kind of Christmas Tree.

This was a SWEET set up too.

Some of these people were happier than others.
And you can't forget the candy houses or temples.

Some people and their talents really impress me.
 

And the other interesting/awesome things on display.

This would be awesome to find under the Christmas tree.

Or this.

Or THIS!
Then we went to the Live Nativity here in Alpine and can I just say, TOO MANY PEOPLE!!!!! The line to ride over in the horse trailers was literally around the stake center where they had everyone parking. We had tickets for the very first session on the first night and luckily we didn't have to wait too long but there were people cutting in line and really not helping me have a very Christ like attitude, but the kids were happy and behaved well enough and it was still a neat experience but I honestly don't know if I'll sign up next year, it's just gotten too huge.

This was a good baby!


The ride back in the horse trailer.

Not the best photos but they'll do.

I love McClane, he's at such a fun stage. He makes me laugh all the time. Like when he told me the 'light-up' star Greg bought for the Christmas tree was "A piece of junk." You have to hear it in his voice to really enjoy it.
Well that's the fun from this week. I'm not sure what's next but we're definitely enjoying our Christmas season so far and we hope you are too. 

1 comment:

Elaine Baker said...

Fun, fun, fun! Looks like you had a good birthday and I love the exhibits at the Festival. Happy Christmas Season to you.