Friday, December 19, 2014

I love my in-laws!!

   I married into a pretty awesome and FUN family! Greg actually is pretty reserved compared to his siblings but he has been known to be silly occasionally. This past weekend was Kristin's 40th birthday! (I'm 13 days older but I really want to be just like her when I grow up!) Melissa and Heidi threw her a very fun surprise party and here are several photos from the night.
Yummy cupcakes.

These were some fun photo boards of Kristin that all the guests could sign.

The balloons were a great distraction for the little people.

Before the fun began!


Charlie enjoyed her cousin time. Baby Ella was so cute!

And cousin Lydia was a big helper on keeping Charlie from running in the halls.

Sorry for the blurry photos but some photos are still too good to NOT share! Melissa, the baby of the family and not a DIVA AT ALL!

Greg warmed up to the silliness a little.

WHY!?

And these are the moments Greg's pretty sure he was adopted.

Or maybe he's just holding back most of the time. This is an inside joke that only these 6 really appreciate. I seriously love these people!

The night got a little long for some people.
     Then we went to Temple Square Sunday evening to enjoy the lights and atmosphere. Kayli used my phone to take a few photos.




We took a quick peak inside the Tabernacle. Everything is so pretty and festive.

The Assembly Hall.

McClane told me he wanted to "GO HOME!" at least 100 times and when I told him "no" he made sure to inform me with his "I hate you, mom!" 100 times as well.

Charlie was a trooper and only wanted out of the stroller the last half hour or so of our visit.



Greg's little brother Josh and his little family, Camille and J.J. were with us the last little bit and kindly took a photo or two of all 9 of us.

Just a little blurry with the flash. Next time we'll bring gloves for a few more of us too. Overall it was fun.
     Later in the week McClane had a visit to the dentist for his second cavity to be filled. He is such a good boy and never complains even when his mouth is numb, which can be a good and bad thing. Because he did not complain I failed to remember that he needed to wait to eat his lunch and therefore here is the mangled mess he made of his lip. I guess my "mom-of-the-year" award will be postponed for another little while! So SAD and yet he still hasn't complained.

Lip and tongue pretty much hamburger!
And when you're a Lone Peak police officer and someone parks in your designated spot at the high school you get to park like this....

I've also witnessed one of them rolling through a 4-way stop. They just might possibly be on the naughty list right now. ;-) Seriously though, I do appreciate their overall service but let's not forget they're human too!
     So if you haven't seen a calendar lately we only have 6 sleeps until Christmas!!!!!! Only 5 sleeps if you live "down under". This reality is still not sinking in and if you're a kid it's still FOREVER away! Oh to be young and excited instead of old and anxious!
Merry Christmas!

No comments: