Friday, October 23, 2015

Fishing and sickies!

     This week has felt like two or three weeks. It started with a fun Monday morning at Strawberry Reservoir just me, Greg and his buddy Cal on Cal's boat. Greg and Cal were attempting some fishing while I just enjoyed a nice break from the kids and read a book. Unfortunately the fish weren't biting and the only thing reeled in was a crawfish. Greg didn't seem to mind though. Both he and Cal agreed that a lousy day fishing is still better than a good day at work :-)
A cold but pretty morning.

Living the dream!
A fun surprise on the line.
Not my best look but it was cold!
     The rest of the week has been a blur. The kids went back to school Tuesday after their five days off for fall break. Tuesday/Wednesday is when the real insanity began. Charlie threw up several times Tuesday afternoon and then it got to be my turn on Wednesday night. I haven't been that sick in a very long time and it was a long miserable night. Thankfully Greg took most of Thursday off and allowed me to rest and try to recover the best I could. Then Thursday night was just as long and miserable because it was Brock's turn and for some reason he never could make it to the restroom in time. Greg and I were up most of the night cleaning and dealing with nastiness. Isaac came home from school Thursday having thrown up on himself and the kids backpack in front of him. We still don't know if that kid ever found out that his backpack had been thrown up on. Yuck! Brock is definitely the one who's been hit the hardest so far but finally tonight he seems to be on the mend. Now we're just waiting for it to hit Greg. Mark and Carter have had what seems to be a mild version of this nasty stomach bug. Kayli is also feeling a little sick but hers is more cold related and not a stomach virus. Anyway, it's been a real crazy couple of nights and we've missed school, visiting teaching appointments, a super fun scout camp out and playing with friends. Let's hope we're all over this nastiness by the weekends end!
      

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh shoot!! That is no fun!! I am glad to hear everyone is finally on the mend.
Fishing looked fun. Cold, but fun.

Elaine Baker said...

If it makes you feel any better, I backed over Mike Baker's BMW motorcycle today because I forgot to look behind me. That, in itself, makes me sick sick sick. I should have gone fishing...