Friday, October 9, 2015

A week!

     I can't believe another week has passed and we're almost in the middle of October. We really enjoyed General Conference this past weekend. I would have to say my favorite talk out of all the meetings was Elder Holland's. It was so great to get so much wonderful counsel from our prophet and apostles and other church leaders. After it was all said and done we made a little outing to the nearby park with all the kids. I really do love where I live!
Cute family but checkout those amazing mountains!
     For those who did listen to conference I'm sure you heard the wonderful talk from brother Durrant about ponderizing a scripture each week. Here's the first scripture our family is ponderizing courtesy of Mark.
Leave it to a 15 year old boy to know right where this scripture is in the Book of Mormon.

     I made a last-minute decision and took Charlie in for her first hair trim. It wasn't very good timing because I had just pulled on her arm and possibly pulled her elbow out of its socket for the second time in the past few weeks and she wasn't happy and then to have a stranger touching her hair just added to her anxiety.
I'm a mean mom!

    She survived though and it only took about five minutes total. The very next day I purchased a few new outfits for her for the upcoming winter season and here she is, all dolled up.
She's a cheeser!
Duck face!
Seriously, what's with all the posing!?
WARNING: UP CLOSE PHOTOS OF MY FEET!
     Then I had a little accident getting out of the car the other evening and more than likely broke my right foot pinky toe. I didn't think your pinky toe was so vital until now. I thought for sure I could continue to do my regular work out but it turns out your pinky toe is quite vital and it was not a pleasant feeling trying to push a stroller so my walk was short lived! Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday it'll be less painful and I can get back to my regular routine.
This is how my toe looks today compared to my healthy toe. It was much more colorful yesterday.
     So that's our week. We're looking forward to fall break next week and most especially we're looking forward to the end of the irrigation season so Greg can finally get his life back.

2 comments:

Elaine Baker said...

Such a cute cut on Charlie. Also, I know where you're coming from with that broken toe. Sorry that happened to you. Thanks for the post and YAY for the irrigation season ending.

Jackie said...

Ouch!! That looks like it hurt, and poor Charlie. She seems to be happy with the cut after all was said and done though.
We are about to watch the last session of conference today. It is so weird that you are already done with General Conference weekend.