Friday, October 2, 2015

McClane is 5! (Etc.)

      Sometimes you just wear socks and shoes and carry around a stool turning lights on and off in the house.
Silly Charlie!
     Now on to McClane's big day! Of course we have to start with the balloons. Kayli insisted on him getting the BayMax balloon and he loved it.


    He was crowned the special helper at preschool and came home to a yummy sugar cookie and balloon from his primary teacher.
He was so happy!!
     In the evening he got what he had been most waiting for and that was a trip to Chuck E. Cheese's. 
Who needs a friend party when you got the best friends built right in!
     He was in heaven!
Let the token spending begin!
You can't leave without a photo taken with Chuck.
Brock's turn.
Now Charlie.
Birthday Boys turn.
Trolley ride.
You're never too big to enjoy Chuck E. Cheese's.
We may have had to rush the pumpkin pie and gift opening so we could get Mark to mutual.
"I get to open a present?!"
Aunt Heidi was sweet enough to join us!
Cool!
Pumpkin pie!
When you win nearly 300 tickets you buy these cool shades.
The look of 'fear/confusion' when you get up close to the Chuck E. 'robot'.
The Chuck E. robot.
     Because we rushed the pie at Chuck E. Cheese's we had to come home and do an official candle lighting and happy birthday singing for him and he also had one more gift to open.
My favorite 5 year old!
         What is this?! A Ziggle! 
Unassembled and a lot of confused looks.
Assembled and AWESOME!!


    And we can't forget the traditional birthday card and a little bit of cash from grandma and grandpa Baker.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!
What, money too!? 
Yep, he used his dollars for a soda at the gas station.
    And just to show I'm not only decorating my exterior for fall/Halloween here's what I did inside the house. Here's all SIX of my Halloween decorations!

      Now it's October and I'm not sure how I feel about it but we'll enjoy all the festivities that come with fall. I won't be sad about soup for dinner anyway.

2 comments:

Grandpa Baker said...

Happy Birthday to such a sweetheart. I really like your decorations, inside and out. And, I think I'll make stew tomorrow, just because you mentioned soup.

Grandpa Baker said...

Whuh Oh! I'm on grandpa's site. That last post (and this one too) is from GrandMA!