Friday, November 13, 2015

Miracles, birthdays and random

     Well my phone tragedy was cured as of Saturday afternoon. I thought I was going to have to wait for a phone to be delivered to me Monday or Tuesday but there was a mistake in the order and the shipment was canceled and they recommended I just go to the Apple Store to get a replacement phone. It did take several hours out of mine and Greg's Saturday but it only cost me time and I walked out with a brand-new phone and the most miraculous part was almost all of my information had been backed up so I only lost a very small amount of information. All my notes were there, as well as most of my reminders and photos. There's only a small amount of information that I'm aware of losing and it wasn't anything vital. Anyway, aside from most of our day being spent at the mall with our three smallest monsters it all turned out better than expected.
       During our week we've enjoyed celebrating Veterans Day and of course Greg's birthday. Carter is in fifth grade and every year the fifth grade puts on a very nice Veterans Day program at the kids elementary school and this year was no exception. I did have to go with just Charlie, which is always a bit of a nightmare but we made it through the hour-long program without having to step out. 
Charlie was thrilled to see her brother right as she walked in the door.
Of course Carter was on the bottom step so I couldn't see him once I found a seat in the audience.
This was a rare glimpse of Carter during the program.
     We also had a little snowstorm this week and of course Charlie and McClane could not wait to put on snow gear and get outside to play in it. We probably spent a good 30 minutes finding the right snow gear for them and they spent all of about 10 minutes outside before it was too wet and cold for them. (I think that has to be my biggest pet peeve of this time of year. Snow gear will be the death of me!!)
Smalls even enjoyed a little snow time.
One of the last times on the tramp for Charlie before it comes down for the winter.


     This was where Charlie napped yesterday. I can't believe she didn't roll off.
This is the small bench at the foot of my bed.
    Yesterday was also Greg's 43rd birthday. He took the day off work and we enjoyed lunch together at the Olive Garden while Kayli was home with the little kids. Kayli also gifted Greg a gift card to Olive Garden so lunch was a on her as well as the babysitting. (There are one or two perks to having older kids.) We also did a little shopping and enjoyed a little apple pie and ice cream after dinner. It was a simple day but nice.
Greg spent most of his day on the phone and he actually enjoyed napping on the couch with the puppy.
Thanks to mom and dad-in-law Baker for a card and cash!
Yummy apple pie from Costco.

All but Isaac ready to devour this pie. (Isaac was at a friends birthday party.)
     This weekend the goal is to get all the fall stuff put away and bring out a little of the Christmas stuff. Mainly Greg is hoping to get the lights on the house before the weather changes and before we leave for Thanksgiving. I'm still not comprehending that it is holiday season.

No comments: