Friday, November 20, 2015

Not again!!

    Could these two look anymore alike?! I could use Kayli's photos and pass them off for Charlie easily. Now to the reason for this comparison.  
Both at two years old. Why can't they stay cute and little!?
     When I had my first child I was so excited that she was a girl. I've always loved playing with hair and doing different hairstyles. Kayli was a great sport for the first couple of years and then tragedy struck and she cut her own hair. It wasn't too awful and I thought the worst was over and then she did it a second time. Again I was devastated. I went on to hide all cutting devices in hopes of avoiding another catastrophe only for her to find toenail scissors and wreak the worst havoc ever before. A THIRD time! I had had it!
Yes, she looks cute with short hair but I still preferred the long hair. (She had hid most the hair she'd cut off in the bag where she'd found the toenail scissors.)
     After the third time I actually packed up her bags and made her stand out in the front yard to wait for another family to come and pick her up because I just couldn't bear the thought of having a daughter who would cut her own hair. She was four at the time. Not my best parenting moment to say the least.
     I then had five boys, none of them ever cut their own hair. Kayli became older and more independent and hair was no longer a hobby for me. Then I was blessed with another girl and again I was excited for the opportunity to do hair again and Charlie was quite a good sport and a good little hair model and then it happened!
NO, NO, NO!!!



    Why!? 
    Now, you have to understand, this isn't comical at first to me, At. All. I feel more like crying and to take a photo immediately in the moment is not going to happen so these photos were taken a couple hours after the fact. When she first came to me her hair was in pigtails and she had big clumps of hair on her pants and when I pulled the pigtails out even more long clumps of hair came out. Utter disbelief and anger were coursing through my head. "Where did she get the scissors?! Why wasn't anybody watching her?! I just needed to close my eyes for a few minutes!" When I went to rest my eyes for 20 minutes she was in her bedroom attempting to take a nap but in that 20 minutes the boys had let her out of the bedroom, Brock had tried making a snowflake and left the scissors on the kitchen counter and Isaac had his back to her while she reeked havoc on her pigtails with the scissors. 
       Needless to say, I had to do a little shopping that evening because the only way to fix this haircut is to cover it up until it grows out. I bought three headbands and a beanie hat and luckily she doesn't mind wearing the beanie hat for the most part.

     It's a good thing she looks so cute in a hat and also that it's winter time and wearing a hat doesn't seem so odd.
      So that's my post for the week. I wish it was more pictures of her looking as cute as she did on Sunday in the top picture of this post but I guess my hair doing days aren't meant to be for the next several months. So much for family photos in the next month or two.

3 comments:

Grandpa Baker said...

Sounds like they both take after their Mom! Luckily it was only hair, and it will grow back ... She is still a little cutey!!!

Elaine Baker said...

Sorry Shirley! What would we ever talk about later in life if it weren't for these experiences? I'm sure she'll get her 'comeuppance' when she becomes a mother. It will serve her right, won't it?

Jackie said...

Naughty naughty Charlie!! Put those scissors down! I haven't had that experience yet and hope I won't ever have to, but my chances are slim, really slim. I am crying for you. I do really love her owl beanie though! =)