Friday, December 4, 2015

The rest of the trip and coming home

     We enjoyed the final two days of our trip to Oregon last weekend. We played some fun games, which I have video of that I could post but I wouldn't want to traumatize people or embarrass my parents :-) just know it was a good time and I think everyone was laughing to the point of tears.
In these photos we're playing "Four on the Couch". The more hilarious game we played was the balloon game, which I don't have photos of just video.

     We also had a fun time with extended family at the ranch enjoying homemade pizzas, soft serve ice cream, a little shooting, black jack and of course swinging on the swing.
These kids couldn't get enough of black jack.
Mom and Dad slaved over dinner and the ice cream and we all appreciated it!! We ate like royalty all week!!
Charlie loves swinging.

    When we arrived home Kayli had all our Christmas decorations put out and even had a plate of yummy sugar cookies waiting for us. She, however, was in Idaho with her aunt Melissa and didn't come home until Tuesday morning.
These cookies were delicious even two days after they were baked.
There were some fun 'new' decorations that Kayli found in the decorations Jackie left for me.
I've done a little rearranging since we've been home but over all Kayli did a pretty good job of putting everything together.
      Since we've been home we purchased a Christmas tree.
This year we bought from Costco and it took a day or two for the tree to relax and not shed so much so we couldn't actually decorate right away.
Here is the finished product. This was decorated 100% by the children.
This will end up being rearranged numerous times in the next few weeks thanks to Charlie who I know won't leave it alone, which is why I'm not even a little bit worried about how it looks.
     We also went to festival of trees this week and on the way home stopped at the "tree of life" in Draper.
We always find some cool things to photograph while we admire all the trees.
We ran into Aunt Kristin and Uncle Nathan while there and Charlie worked this candy cane away from Kristin much to my dismay. She was a MESS!
This is quite a sight to behold from near and far. I'm glad Greg went a little out of our way to see this before heading home.
     So that's my report for this week. There's still lots of fun things to look forward to before Christmas is actually here.

No comments: