Saturday, November 12, 2016

Greg's birthday week.

    The title isn't that accurate but close enough. This weather lately has been so AWESOME! I love warm fall days. I love when my kids can still play outside a majority of the time. I don't however love the leaves falling all over and making a mess of the deck and yard, but I survive the mess every time.
This just mad me smile. I love seeing cute tiny shoes by the door.
We enjoyed a fun campfire last weekend.
     In honor of Greg's birthday we decided to take advantage of the awesome weather and go for a motorcycle ride Thursday. We made our way out west through a tiny mining town, Eureka and then over to Vernon where we had a yummy lunch at the smallest diner I've ever seen and we were literally in the middle of NOWHERE! We also made a little side trip up a couple small canyons on the way home and the little city of Ophir was a fun hidden surprise. I hope we can go back again, especially in the spring because it looks like it could be very picturesque when everything is in full bloom.
We're still working on our selfie skills.
Double cool!
I'm guessing this is Vernon's claim to fame.
   Greg treated himself and the five youngest on his birthday morning with RC fun with his buddy and co-worker, Jed up in Heber while I got to stay home all morning alone doing whatever I wanted/needed to do. It felt like a win/win for me!
Jed was kind enough to let all the boys take a turn flying.
Boys and their toys!
He's got some skills!
   We finished the day and week off with cake and gifts.

New sunglasses. 
New bluetooth headphones and card and cash from the in-laws. (Thanks mom & dad!)
Kayli even added to the fun with a few new items of clothing for her dad. (There are perks to working at a clothing store every day.)
     I'd say it's been a successful birthday for Greg and an over all great week. I know the weather is bound to change but I, for one, sure have loved the warmer fall weather lately! If I'm lucky I'll get at least one more ride with Greg on the motorcycle before the weather changes.

1 comment:

Elaine Baker said...

Happy Birthday Greg. Looks like it was a fun week for everyone. Grandma Budden used to have a piece of sheet-music, titled 'Two Little Shoes'. I've looked all over for it and can't find it, but it would be perfect for your picture of Charlie's shoes. Thanks for the posts.