Friday, March 3, 2017

Fashion, decor and a little more.

     Isaac is winding up his basketball season. He hasn't loved it but he's a handsome ball player nonetheless.

    Sometimes the princess gets herself ready to go outside.
She was so excited to get outside to be with her dad.
     With the basement bathroom project in progress we've made a trip or two to Home Depot. McClane and Charlie were happy to accompany us for the latest trip. We had to buy hardy board so Greg could get going on the next step in the shower. 

     McClane had a breakfast like no other this morning; salt and vinegar chips with a side of Nutella and cinnamon sugar on a slice of bread. Breakfast of champions right there!

     It may not seem like much has happened in the basement bathroom but the shower floor is a three step process and that's what got done this past week as well as the installation of a light in the shower ceiling. And please don't mind the messy bathroom, it's a teenagers domain and I rarely demand it be cleaned. The bottom photo is a sneak peek at the floor and wall tile we've chosen. Hopefully by next week the shower will be done or close to done then Greg can move on to tiling the floor and repainting the walls. I did a little accessory shopping this morning and found an awesome mirror for a fabulous price as well as a few other little things we need. (I also found a few things I didn't need but the deals were good and I had the funds.)

    This is a clock I found while shopping that I felt was a perfect size and color to go with our reclaimed wood fireplace. I think it's a good match with everything and it was only $25! I'm so happy!!


    So that's the latest. Greg is really being a good sport about doing the basement bathroom and I'm so happy with every small step that Greg takes. Kayli and Mark are a little more anxious to have their shower back to full function but there's only been a few squabbles over shower time. I'll never know how my aunt and uncle survived with 10 kids and only one bathroom?!

1 comment:

Elaine Baker said...

Looking good....the bathroom, Isaac, Charlie and all the rest of the clan. Thanks for posting.