Friday, May 26, 2017

No more HOMEWORK! (For a minute.)

     The last week of school is DONE! I love this break from homework and making sack lunches! I also love these cool spiral curls for Charlie's hair and I'm finally getting the hang of putting in the curlers for the optimal curl. And she still loves 'church' day.

    I also decided to dress up my front porch to enhance this cute wreath I was gifted. I always love a potted flower plant but I've really been wanting lanterns so I splurged and got both.
I couldn't decide if I liked the jars or not so I tried it both ways. I've opted for 'less is more'.
     And look who's finally done with elementary school! Carter is ready for bigger and better at the middle school in August. Now only three more kids to get through elementary school!
The morning of his last full day of school.
     McClane had his last day of kindergarten.
   

    And Brock had his last day of 3rd grade.

His last time in this sad excuse for a gathering facility, I only wish it was my last time at an event where I can't see my kid because they refuse to use the stage and risers!
     So that's it, we're done for a minute with school. My older two boys were pretty much done last week so we didn't think to take photos of them on their 'last' day. Mark is working full time for the City mowing lawns all summer and got an early start and he'll also still be working part-time at Dominos. Isaac is dedicated to wasting his summer away watching YouTube but Tuesday there will be a rude awakening for the younger five kids when they learn the summer rules/chores. I hope they enjoy their few days of freedom before reality for all of us sets in.

1 comment:

Elaine Baker said...

Love love love Charlie's hair and dress. Love love love the front door display. It's beautiful. Where did you get your decorating talent? So glad the kids are out of School. I've been feeling the effects of that, as I take a Young Woman to Seminary every morning and I've been counting down the days until it's over. Thanks for the posts.