Friday, December 15, 2017

Some heavy lifting & candy houses

    We had a fun weekend. I got to attend my first ever weightlifting competition where I saw my son-in-law (That's still so weird to say!) do some very heavy lifting. He actually won best lifter, only five out of about 40 competitors earned this award. He'll tell you it wasn't his best performance but I was very impressed. He's STRONG!
Tanner a.k.a. Best Lifter! His dead lift was 585, which was the biggest number of the three categories; squat, bench press and dead lift. His total weight lifted, combined, was about 1500!
      Sunday we got together with most of Greg's family and made candy houses. It was a blast! It was also fun watching some old home movies of years past when we've attempted candy houses.
We also had some yummy soup and rolls.

Fun times.

I love stuff like this, especially when I don't have to do all the work!

These three decided a jam session was more fun then making candy houses.
    And now we're starting a new weekend, which is going to be a little quieter, especially for Greg who had a minor surgical procedure this afternoon. No need to worry, he's fine and it was planned and he's just going to need to rest and ice for the next couple days.
If this procedure is successful I can say with certainty, WE'RE DONE! No chance for Charlie to be a big sister! Ha ha I have a good husband.
     People, we're only 10 days out from the BIG DAY! It's a good thing I busted out most the shopping last week, now I just need a few minutes to get stuff organized and wrapped. The only shopping left is the kids shopping for each other. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Elaine Baker said...

Lots of FUN! I'm a little bit sad about Greg though. We'll just count on Kayli, Mark, Isaac, Carter, Brock, McClane and Charlie to provide us with the cuddly babies to hold (at the right time). Merry Christmas all you guys.