Saturday, April 21, 2018

Hats and kitchen

     So my kitchen's still not done. I wish I could leave for two months and come back to it all finished like all the people on the HGTV shows do. Actually it hasn't been too bad and usually the mess only lasts a few hours verses days so I'm really not complaining. The cabinets are 90% installed but the wait for countertops may be a couple weeks so we'll make do with the old counters, what's left of them. There's always something that causes Greg stress and frustration but he's doing awesome and saving us so much money doing most of the work himself.
This is all the stuff from the upper cabinet that is clearly off the wall for a minute.

The view of the mess from the front room.
     In between all the kitchen stuff was Sunday and Greg's sporting a very nice sombrero in primary.

    And Smalls just realized he's not the only pet living in the house. Mark has been in the midst of repainting his bedroom so almost all of his belongings have been strewn about my basement and his lizard, Scout, took up space on my computer desk all week and Smalls wasn't sure about him but he definitely was doing his darnedest to get a better look at him.
Standing like a person, weirdo!

    This was last night. All the upper cabinets are in, the island and Greg got the last two base cabinets in but there's still a little tweaking to do before they're officially in. This is the longest time I've spent with stuff all over the counter but I'm sure he'll have it back together enough today to put the majority of my stuff back and out of sight.


This is the one section that is completely put together, handles and all. I'm loving the floor and cabinets together, so much better then my old set up.

Just in case you've forgotten what the old cabinets looked like. By, By orange wood!!

     So that's our kitchen progress. As for everything else this week, Isaac started a new job. He's been hired to water two alfalfa fields here in Alpine so that's added a little more to Greg and my schedule. Thankfully the fields are not far and he doesn't need too much help from Greg but they have had to get up really early and Greg is not a fan of that! The gas budget is definitely taking a serious hit though between driving Mark everywhere and now Isaac. I'm glad this chauffeuring business doesn't last forever! And of course, I know you're wondering, only 51 days, 15 hours and 45 minutes until the Atkinson's hit the states!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Your kitchen is looking so good!! Tell Greg he is doing an amazing job!! I would go crazy with all that stuff out too! It's making me crazy just looking at it in the pics. Lol. Hurry and get it done already! No pressure Greg! Haha.