Friday, April 6, 2018

Spring break 2018

      Our Spring break has NOT been too exciting, but sometimes that's just what you need. No school, no schedules but still work for some and even a little school for Mark. We also had a pretty quiet General Conference weekend. Sadly I have no photos of my mom, brother, niece and nephew who we got to see over the weekend but we were happy to see them and had a great time visiting with them even if it wasn't enough time together. I even got my mom to sit down and watch "The Greatest Showman"! And Greg and I even went and watched it again in the theater this week with our friends who hadn't seen it yet and it's still the best movie! Speaking of movies, another great movie that's a 'must see' is "I Can Only Imagine". So good!!!
     So here are the only photos from the week. Charlie got to decorate Easter eggs with her friend Eden. I love projects like this that require zero effort from me.
Photo courtesy of Eden's mom.
    And some mild progress has been made on the kitchen. Greg ripped up the old floors and we've had a guy come in and patch the ceiling and wall where the wall was removed and once he's done we'll be ready to paint and lay the new flooring. We also agreed to buy new cabinets. We found a local cabinet company that makes 'ready-to-assemble' cabinets that are much more affordable so for half the price I was anticipating we can get all new kitchen cabinets so that's what we're going to do! I'm getting so excited at the prospect of having new cabinets and a little extra cabinet space because with the way we're planning on doing it I should be getting four to five new cabinets plus drawers, which is going to be so AWESOME! Right now the only real questions are exactly how big we want to make the island and what kind of countertop for the island because I don't think I want the same countertop for the island as the rest of the kitchen countertop but we'll see what we come up with, it's definitely going to be one of the last steps so we have time to figure it out.
Those old 'orange' floors are gone and this is probably the last photo of the kitchen I'll take before things become drastically different.

Here's the patchwork in progress. Such a major process, definitely worth a few bucks to have a professional do this part.
    So that's our week in a nutshell. We've done some fun things but nothing spectacular. The kids have just had fun having no real responsibilities and having a lot more screen time then is probably healthy for them.
     And of course, the countdown continues. Only 66 days, 1 hour and 40 minutes before the Atkinson's hit the states!

No comments: