Friday, June 8, 2018

We’re nearing the end

    We still have a project list too long to finish before the 12th but we're still plugging along the best we can. The backsplash tile is nearly done and I love it more and more, especially now that all the red paint is finally covered up. I was questioning my tile choice initially but now I'm convinced it was the perfect choice and, like always, its good for me to go with my gut on things like this.
Greg doesn't get many breaks lately, he's a hard worker!
     As I suspected, the house can get a little too cold for me now that we have 'real' air conditioning. It is nice but it's going to take a little getting use to. It's a good thing I have a few blankets lying around to keep me from developing hypothermia.

     And I found this photo gem on my phone this week. Carter and Smalls taking a selfie.
They both need a haircut pretty badly!
    Another project that was done this week was we got new carpet installed in the two bedrooms on the main floor and it's so nice!
Yay for new carpet!


The only photo evidence from our fun at the cousins.
     So that's the fun of the week. We've had a full week of summer break and no one's died. (Although a neighbor or two might have come close.) The kids got to attend a flood irrigation party at their cousins house in Sprinville that they loved. And of course next week is going to be the highlight of the summer for all of us when the Atkinson's hit the states in only 3 days, 5 hours and 34 minutes!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Grandpa Baker said...

Your kitchen is gorgeous (not cute--but gorgeous). Can't wait to see it in person one of these days. That Greg is such a good husband. (This is your Mother. cuz I don't know how to access my google account on Dad's new laptop).