Friday, November 8, 2019

Our last few days at home and then AUSTRALIA!

     So.... WE'RE IN AUSTRALIA!!! Whenever I was asked where I'd like to travel if I could go anywhere Australia was always at the top of my list and I really can't believe it's actually come true. I was beyond anxious about the long flight but we survived and it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And because there's been little to no rain 'down under' the humidity isn't bad at all. I honestly can't even tell the difference from the heat we get in Utah, it just feels warm and wonderful.
     But before we left we got to spend a little time with cute baby Beau! She's so fun and adorable.



     Before our long flight to Australia we had a little over a day in LA so we decided to make our way to Venice beach where we saw some pretty interesting people. There was a man fishing on the pier who rides his bike 7 hours from Orange county to fish off the pier for about a week. He even sleeps on the pier, pretty crazy.
Greg drew the pigeons in with gummy bears and they were not impressed. 
   I found my stores at both Venice beach and Australia. The "It's Sugar" was Venice and "Candy Time" is at the shops in Australia.

     Our first meal out was at "Hog's Australian steak house". The food was pretty good and the photo opt was amazing. Ha ha. Cute Halle!

     We were so excited to see these cute girls. Greg is in his element with all these girls. He's ready to give them whatever they want.


     Our first beach visit was at Brighton Beach. It was so pretty and windy.

     And the fruit salad Jackie and Ben made us is spectacular! We don't get fresh fruit quite like this in Utah.

    I never get my hair combed at home, having all these girls wanting to comb my hair is a dream!

    This was my hair-do from Kirra today.

     Tonight we're helping Jackie and Ben celebrate their 12th wedding anniversary by going to the Outback Extravaganza, which sounds like a good time. We're so excited to be here and can't wait to experience a lot more fun stuff over the next week or so. Thankfully the jet lag hasn't been bad and minus the guilt of leaving the kids for so long, I'm so excited we're here and I've already started my mass stock pile of glucojel's!

No comments: