Friday, February 28, 2020

A warmer week!

     We finished up basketball season this week for Brock and McClane. They both learned some new skills, had fun and are happy it's over. Greg and I had the opportunity to spend the majority of the week in St. George for Greg's water Conference and it was a blast. The weather was great, the rental car was so FUN!! I need a Toyota Camry Sport model in my life!! Going 100 mph felt like going 30! So fun!!! And believe it or not, I might even take a white one if that was my only option. I had the best time walking in the sunshine, never having to make a bed, no dishes, no meals to prepare, no laundry to do and lots of free time to read, relax and even do a little shopping. I might need these get- aways a little more often. And with how well the kids got along without us it might just be possible to leave them on their own more often.
Brock with his basketball team.
     The only negative this week was finding myself opening my very last bag of Glucojel's. Maybe our next getaway needs to be to Australia to restock my jelly bean supply.
NOOOO!!!!
     The sun felt so nice after church on Sunday. There's nothing better then chatting with the neighbors and soaking up the sun.



    On our way down South we passed a couple gnarly cars. The station wagon was pulling the black 'race' car. Pretty crazy that the station wagon was even running.



Griswald's?!
    And it only took 4 months and a trip to St. George to finally meet our newest niece, cute baby Zena! We had fun meeting up with the whole Springville Kmetzsch clan our first night in St. George.

     I had to document my morning jog/walks. I love these awesome walking trails in St. George. I also loved walking with just a light jacket instead of two layers of sweats, gloves, earmuffs and neck warmer.

     Greg got to shoot his shotgun for the second time in less than a year, which might be a record. He did ok but with the wind it made for a cold afternoon and by the end he could barely feel his fingers but he had fun anyway.

     And our last night in St. George we treated ourselves to probably the best steak dinner we've ever had. We went to this restaurant four years ago and haven't stopped talking about it in 4 years so we were thrilled to finally get back. It was delicious!
Anasazi Steakhouse is the BEST!
    We really had such a fun week! The kids survived without us and the break from our reality was much needed! Now I just have to find a way to rearrange my budget so I can buy myself a sports car, ha ha!
This is not the exact car we drove but it's identical and so sexy!



No comments: