Friday, March 27, 2020

Just another week in 'Coronaville'!

     We've survived another week of staying home (as much as possible). I managed to do my bi-weekly shopping and it went way better then I expected. There were items on my list that weren't available but I definitely got enough to survive another couple weeks and beyond. The shopping at Costco was definitely a little different but it went quicker then I expected and there were many tender mercies throughout my shopping experience. Now if these crazy Utah people could all just calm down and let the shelves be restocked properly that would be great!
      Of course we've been staying busy with all the pets and home schooling kids. The kids are doing well enough with what we have. I'm definitely not stressing over their school work, one term lost won't flunk them out or stop them from moving forward to their next grade. That may not be the popular opinion but it's how I feel and how I'm going to avoid unnecessary stress and frustration.
These two are definitely learning how to interact with each other.
Carter during 'school' hours!

Charlie getting her pet cuddles.
   And we're never sad when this little cutie pops in for a quick visit. She's dressed and ready for a Harley ride.

    And cute Georgia had her first professional grooming this week. They wouldn't trim her hair on her first session but she definitely is fluffier and smelling pretty. She's so adorable and really figuring out the doggy door and potty training. She's really been a dream and a welcome distraction from this strange world we're living in.

     Well we've had missionaries in the neighborhood arriving home throughout the week. There are yellow ribbons lining streets everywhere you go. We're sad for the ones who were not ready to end or pause their missions but I know we'll look back some day and see the miracles that occurred because of this 'change in plans'. I'm looking forward to our weekend and the opportunity to fast for Heavenly help to stop the spread of this virus and speed up the process of getting our country and world back to normal life.

No comments: