Friday, March 20, 2020

We're living through major history!

     What a week!! I don't know if I want to live through all these prophecies being fulfilled! First a pandemic! And if that wasn't enough to stress over we got to add a small earthquake to the worries. Seriously, I hope the 'higher-up's' are getting a chuckle from all this craziness and our reaction to it. Utah has gone above and beyond in the hoarding/shopping department. I'm scared to death to try shopping next week for my normal purchases, I have a feeling I won't be able to get everything on my list but only time will tell. 
     Meanwhile, we did our best to move forward as normally as possible. Obviously the kids are home from school and getting all this 'home-school' stuff figured out has been interesting but over all we've managed to get along and avoid socializing too much. We have spent time chatting with neighbors but haven't left the neighborhood much. Greg still is working like normal but most of our neighbors are working from home so they're anxious to get out to chat at the end of the work day. We also had a sweet little sacrament meeting Sunday morning with all the kids, including Kayli, Tanner and Beau. It was the first time Mark and Isaac have been to 'church' in quite awhile, so that's a positive spin on this home-centered church option. We'll see how things go this Sunday.
Beau could not be any cuter!
     And did I mention how grateful I am to have our own playground in our backyard!? Putting up the trampoline was a must to keep these kids from going too stir-crazy. Now if we could just convince the weather-controllers to send sunny and warm weather we'll be all set. It's also been fun to have a cute puppy to distract us. Georgia is so sweet and fun!

      I will definitely be joining the masses in prayer this weekend. We need peace and comfort more than ever in this uncertain time and I really hope we can remember who brings that peace. Without the Savior, Jesus Christ, we're going to be lost and confused. I hope the majority of the world will see what's missing in their lives and come to Christ so we can have the help we're so desperate for. What a blessing to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!

No comments: