Friday, September 18, 2020

Friends, fun and caterpillars

     We've had a nice week. Friends, new pets, pet friends and the cutest grandbaby!
Our cute neighbor decided Charlie's bike was cooler to ride then his own. His smile says it all.

Georgia and Greg cuddling on the bed. (Note her paw on his neck, which he may or may not have placed there.)


     Kayli, Tanner and cute Beau like to update photos on Sunday visits.



This photo is blurry because she rarely stops moving but I had to catch her naughtiness in progress.


     Isaac finally let me take his car, "Jade", for a ride. I had the four youngest kids with me and had Carter catch proof with my camera. The top photo is me trying to look cool and the bottom photo is how I'm really feeling. So fun!


      And I forgot to mention we have a pet caterpillar, Jack, and in less then two weeks his progress is amazing! I'm kicking myself for not taking a photo on day one but here's photos from the last two days. When I tell you he went from caterpillar to chrysalis in a matter of hours I'm not kidding! So amazing how quickly this process goes and it's even more amazing how much poop a little caterpillar can produce from just munching on leaves all day!

Jack the Caterpillar. This photo of him shaped like a 'J' was literally taken in the morning and the photo below of him as a chrysalis was later that same day.


We can't wait to meet Jack the Butterfly in 7 to 8 days.

     And Miss Georgia has begun her first heat cycle and also had her first visit from our little buddy Ollie who is actually a 'stud' for the same breeding program Georgia's a part of. Thankfully they haven't gotten frisky during the visit and Ollie will be headed home in just a couple days.
Georgia's great about sharing her bed but not her treats.

      So there's the highlights. The only downer from this week was Isaac being sent home from school for two weeks because one of his classmates tested positive for Covid and apparently Isaac was close enough to this person to require a two week quarantine. Not the best news he's gotten but he's doing what he can online to keep his grades up. All I can say is people need to wake up and stop getting tested!!! Just stay home if you're sick and wash your hands! Can we just see some common sense for a change! Go away Covid!

No comments: