Friday, July 9, 2021

July 4th and 26 years of marriage etc.

    It's been a fun week and we had a great time celebrating our nations birthday with our neighbors over the weekend. We watched "Sandlot" in our neighbors front yard, had breakfast the next morning in the same neighbors backyard and got to swim at our other friend/neighbor's house in the afternoon. 

 

Cute girls.

Brock


Carter


Isaac


Charlie (She needed the pool-noodle to pose with for some reason.)


McClane (The pirate?!)


Charlie was beyond brave with the slide and jumping off the 'plank'.

    I also got an updated photo of Mark's shoulders this week. They're definitely looking much better.
 This photo was taken six weeks and a day ago from when he crashed.

    Greg and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary Wednesday. Sadly it wasn't anything more then dinner because Greg's water responsibilities monopolize the majority of his time but we did enjoy our dinner.
Steak for me and salmon for Greg.


Not my best photo but it was a little too hot outside to be fussing over photos.

    This morning I walked with my friend in Lambert park and somehow almost stepped on this big guy. I still can't believe I didn't see him until she pointed him out to me. He was a slow mover so I had plenty of time to make sure he didn't have a rattle and then I was happy to take his photo.
 



And these flowers are the perfect shade of periwinkle, by far my most favorite color!

    So that's our week and I'm happy to report that our 'every-other-Tuesday' streak of bad phone calls from different kids has been broken! I may have made a few phone calls Tuesday evening to remind a boy or two not to do anything stupid but we made it through the night without a phone call and everyone arrived home safe and at a decent hour. (At least on Tuesday night.)

No comments: