Friday, July 23, 2021

My first solo trip to Oregon

    After 26 years of living in Utah, I made my first solo trip to Oregon. I've never driven all the way to Klamath Falls and back so this was a big adventure and it actually went pretty well. We definitely had a fun time and I got to feel a little nostalgia running around my old stomping grounds with just a few kids in tow. I definitely love where I grew up even if I love Utah a 'tad-bit' more.
David was generous with his time and skills and took us on a fun boat ride at beautiful Lake of the Woods.

Charlie loved tubing.


Brock and McClane were pretty happy on the tube too.


This girl loves the water!


Lake of the Woods is so gorgeous!


This cute little guy stopped by pretty much every night.

Guy's a good sport to play games with Charlie.


And this is my parent's 'yard'. This cracked me up because for the size of lot they own this tiny little patch of grass with my dad's plum tree is the only kind of yard they have.


This little train bench was along the walking path and was pretty cool.


Abby's pizza is truly legendary. This is one place that hasn't changed in years and the pizza is just as good as I remember.


 

    We made a little visit to Grandma Elaine's work and I had to take a photo of the place I spent many hours during my youth helping with orders or being a distraction to those who were actually doing all the hard work.

Lots of memories in this shop and the kids loved getting a tour from Grandma seeing what she does all day every day.


Movie time. We saw "Boss Baby: Family Business"



Fun crafts with Aunt Ann. She always has fun stuff. She was also a great walking partner.


Almost!


Fun helicopter.


 

    And while we were gone Charlie's sunflowers bloomed!
So pretty!


    I can't believe I drove to Klamath and back! It was fun! I made good time on the rode and it was great to be 'home' for a few days spending time with my family, it was just what I needed to make my summer feel complete.

No comments: