Friday, July 15, 2022

Mostly girls camp

    It's been an interesting week. We had a great crowd for ice cream. I spent the majority of the week at girl's camp and Greg and the kids managed to keep the house standing while I was gone. They may not have done much else, like laundry or basic chores, but they at least didn't have it a complete wreck when I got home. We also got our Armada back from the shop and although it cost a grand total of $6,000 we're happy to have a working vehicle back in the garage.

Another successful ice cream gathering.

What a pretty place to be with these beautiful girls.


Memories were made.


The spirit was strong.


The girls were a pleasure. (Mostly)


And there was definitely hard work involved.

    I had a great time at girl's camp mixed in with some major stress and anxiety. Above are just a few random photos that were shared with me. I literally only took the one photo of the girls by the lake and let everyone else be the photographers. We had several nice cameras available for the girls and leaders to use throughout the week and I'm sure I'll be getting a large file of photos shared with me in the near future from our hiking leader and resident photographer so I don't feel guilty at all for keeping my phone/camera in my pocket all week. 
    I love working with the young women and girls camp is always a favorite part of the summer. I'm glad I went even if it wasn't all fun and games, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. We have some special girls in our ward and I feel lucky to know them!

No comments: