Friday, December 16, 2022

Winter fun

    We've had a very snowy week! Poor Greg has spent countless hours in the snow plow truck and he's ready for a break. Monday we had our annual neighborhood food drive/burn barrel gathering, which was great. Our neighbors got a leg lamp, which made my whole Christmas! We have 4 leg lamps on the street, so far, and 6 total in the neighborhood and, if I can, I'm going to convince others to join the fun. 

Four burn barrels!

 

    These two girls are the cutest and make me smile. 

 

    I may have mentioned my weekly institute class, Inklings, that I watch live on Instagram every Thursday morning with Emily Belle Freeman as the instructor. I love this weekly discussion that includes scriptures and conference talks from our most recent General Conference. When these sweatshirts were put up to be ordered I knew I needed one. The back of the sweatshirt is a quote/mission statement that is very powerful. 
 
   

 

    
It says, "Chess has three parts: opening, middle game, and endgame. The opening is the development of the pieces, you're setting up your strategy. The middle game is the implementation of your strategy. The endgame is hopefully where you're seeing the fruition of your strategy-you're closing the trap. The queen is the most powerful piece on the board, and it is conventional chess wisdom that you postpone playing your queen for as long as you can. The longer you can delay playing your queen, the more likely you will have your most powerful piece for the endgame. The Lord is the Master Strategist and knows exactly how to win. Current pleadings from the prophet appear to be the Lord bringing His queens into play in preparation for the end game." Lynn Beard.
    I love this!!!

No comments: