Friday, October 6, 2023

Thirteen and more!

    Kid #6 has made it to his teens! Mick is officially a teenager and so far he's our easiest one. We didn't go crazy with celebrations but he did get a big assortment of spicy chips from some of his favorite friends and mom and dad hooked him up with a couple cool things. Mostly he's just really happy about his tiny dirt bike.

 Chips and soda, what more could McClane ask for.

Cash, new shirt and a couple headlamps.


Finishing it all off with apple pie and home made vanilla ice cream.

    Wednesday we got to spend some quality time with the three grand kids and it was entertaining. 

Harley insisted on a photo shoot.

    Harley is NUTS! She went from dancing on the table out back, alone, no music, to absconding with my phone and when I asked for my phone back she said 'no', so I responded with 'excuse me' and so she asks, 'did you toot?' She keeps us laughing for sure. 


And how sweet is this little chubber!? Elliot is adorable.

    And now that the days are shorter I am regularly walking in the dark and I came upon this spooky setup the other morning. They had a recording playing and if you zoom in there's a few skeletons but it was pretty bright with the chandeliers. This wasn't quite as spooky as the two giant skeletons, in the shadows, right across the street that definitely gave me pause. If those came to life I don't know what I'd do!


 

    And today the kids had a break from school and Charlie got to go with her favorite people on a hike and came prepared with a bag of snacks to share and didn't seem to mind the 3-mile round trip.

 

    Not featured is Greg, who has been down and out all week. His back went out Saturday afternoon and with back spasms and knife like pain in his lower back, for the better part of the week, he's been nearly incapacitated. Thankfully he's on the mend and finally feeling like he's past the worst of the pain and spasms. Thank goodness for chiropractors, muscle relaxing drugs and other helps. I'm glad it's just temporary, I don't know if I could manage without Greg's help on a regular.
    General Conference was great though! I'm super excited about the next 6 months and really focusing in on "Thinking Celestial". 

No comments: